We are all creative, having the ability to make beautiful things which we may share with the world. I encourage you to make an effort to use your creativity daily. This is doable, no matter your skill level. If you are having problems imagining a starting point, perhaps you will find the following prompts helpful. Only take the suggestion and allow yourself to begin the work. Do not let your inner critic stifle your creative impulse. You can do anything you choose. There are prompts enough to jumpstart your brain.
- You are a gift from the hand of the Creator… Be aware of your incredible importance.
- Nothing you do can separate you from love.
- Your thoughts are precious… Treat them with tender care.
- Today could be “The Day”…
- Say “I Love You” often. It costs nothing and has significant benefits.
- Time spent enriching your mind is never wasted. You were meant to grow in wisdom and grace.
- Breathe deeply and relax. Give yourself permission to live in happiness.
- Fight negative thoughts, those waste valuable energy given you for good.
- Give your face a break and enhance your day… SMILE!
- Complete the sentence… Today, I am grateful:
- Be glad cows cannot fly… Now, why were you complaining?
- Be alert to the beauty that surrounds you everywhere and at all times.
- What gives you pleasure? Do it today…
- Don’t say can’t. You have unlimited potential to create the life you want.
- Believe in yourself, if you fail to do this, no one else will believe in you.
- Make a list of your blessings. Go back and read it often.
- Remember the last time you cried? Honor your sorrow and pain.
- If you died… How would people remember you?
- What is holy in your existence? Share that with someone you love.
- Listen to your favorite song. Why do you love it?
- Wherever you live, honor your place by creating a haven of peace.
- Light a candle…
- Write down your goals… Know what is most important to you.
- Respect your gifts and employ them as often as possible.
- Send cards… Something about personal mail brightens a dull day.
- Remember “Please” is a magical word.
Have fun creating!
I wrote these up in a journal in the nineties and have since compiled some into lists. I hope you find them useful. Thank you for visiting Haphazard Creative. To your right is a follow button and comments are always welcome. Please visit again soon and take care.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan