Sometimes creating is hard. Life intervenes, or feelings get in the way. When you find yourself unable to practice your art, here is some encouragement:
- Pick up a book, turn to a random page, read the first entire paragraph, create a work inspired by the whole, or just a word. You do not have to relate your creation to the meaning of the paragraph at all.
- Think of a place you would like to go, Google it or use Wikipedia. Do some searching; when you find something that intrigues you, create whatever you are inspired to do.
- Go somewhere nearby and see it with new eyes, like a stranger. Take your impressions and create from that starter.
- Create an ad for an item, band, show, or movie you love. Probably change the names involved.
- Give your pet, or one you had, an adventure backstory. If you are a visual artist, create from there.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
I hope those give you some ideas. All the best to you always.