There are benefits to drinking honey and milk, and Almond Milk adds to the benefits. With the risk of Covid-19 and other respiratory illnesses, I thought I would mention this.
When using unsweetened Almond Milk, it is lower in calories than dairy milk. It is free of dairy, gluten, carrageenan, cholesterol, soy, sugar, artificial colors, and flavors. Plus, it has a higher percentage of calcium than dairy milk.
- Aids Digestion – honey promotes the growth of good bacteria. It helps maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract, eliminating bloating, constipation, and cramps. There is also evidence it helps with stomach infections.
- Stamina Booster – ingesting cold milk and honey in the morning can benefit energy levels all day. There is also a boost to focusing, concentration, mental clarity, and physical abilities.
- Eases Insomnia – combined, milk and honey give significant advantages toward promoting sleep.
- Promotes Bone Health – milk is a contributor to skeletal systems, and honey helps get the necessary nutrients there more efficiently.
- Antibacterial Properties – both milk and honey have antibacterial properties on organisms, such as staphylococcus. When taken together, their effect is more potent. Their use is effective in combating infections of the upper respiratory tract and easing colds and cough.
- Stress Buster – honey and milk have a calming effect. They cause a release of serotonin, which is relaxing. Also, it lowers cortisol levels, which helps prevent the adverse impact on internal organs, including the brain. Honey is a mood lifter, so it can help when there is a need to find energy.
- Athletic Performance – Drinking milk and honey before a workout can help maintain a stable level of energy, and drinking it afterward can help restore the body.
- Healthy Skin and Hair – honey and milk have nutrients that bring out the glow and smoothness of skin and hair.
Need a bonus reason, honey, and almond milk are delicious together. As with all things, these should be consumed in moderation. If you are on a weight loss regimen, remember to count them in your total consumption. Unfortunately, they are not without calories.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan