The formatting is off in this post. I cannot repair it. My apologies.
Today, my heart is broken for our world, our country, our states, our neighborhoods, all of us. There are many hurting people. Those who have lost friends, family, loved ones; lost treasured pets, who are in pain, who have chronic illnesses, who have terminal diseases, whose relationships are battered or shattered, who cannot beat addiction, who are terrified for their children. There are job losses, financial losses, unbearable debt, mental distress, poverty, hunger, homelessness, war, bullying, and I could probably go on forever. Our world is a troubled and violent place. Safety is hardly real, the risk is constant, death is a breath away.
Some scoff at the name of Jesus, some say they do not need prayers, only actions. When I grew up, prayer was constant and all over. It was not consigned to obscurity. I do not remember life being such a tenuous proposition then. We believed in the good of one another. God has been sent away, and the increase in troubles keeps multiplying. Love has become rare, lust more common, hate a regular outcry.
You may disregard God as you wish, but I pray He finds you. This world needs Jesus, it requires the love only God can provide. Lives need saving. Let those of us who will, abide in Christ’s love, and share it with everyone we meet. People need love. Love can redeem lives. Let each of us be messengers, soothing hands, transmitting the love of the Savior to our communities. We must go, for they must hear and know, for the Lord sends us, and we are His to command.
When I am haunted, I sleep little, and my mind requires that I write. Perhaps, you would have me write otherwise. I am given words, it is not so much a choice as an outpouring over which my control is meager. I understand some may disbelieve that statement, but it has always been the way with me.
My mind dislikes obeying
The commands I give
It has its own words and ways
I am a vessel of clay.
Shall I be thankful? It is my usual way. I am grateful:
1. My son grew up with a heart and an intention to serve.
2. I spoke my truth, and it cost, perhaps I should learn to curb my honesty when it has the barbs in.
3. I am blessed with topics and words lately.
4. I am getting a little sleep with the aid of a medication cocktail that helps curb my pain. Not opioids or anything addictive for those who might have a concern. My usual meds, plus some NSAIDs.
5. I made some calls and clarified my needs with some businesses. One was insurance, I have a problematic relationship with coverage, but anyway.
6. The ice maker does work, it only requires you provide it with, newsflash, water.
7. I paid bills, bills are evidence you have things in your life, those are blessings. Therefore the need to make payments shows you are provided for by God’s sufficiency.
As a prompt, explain your faith or lack thereof. Consider how you can exhibit faith conjoined with love. Create something that embodies your belief.
I do so appreciate your visit here at Haphazard Creative. You are always welcome and invited to return. Should you want, there is a follow button which will subscribe you to updates. I am freezing. TMI. This world needs love, which entails being courageous enough to reach out benevolently to the people we encounter each day or night, I guess. So I encourage you to put that gorgeous, ice-melting smile on your face and express the friendliness that abides in your soul. You can give your love away as often as you will, and it will be replenished, so you never run out, and the really cool thing, love will return to you. Be grateful, be hopeful, but be careful and aware, keep yourself from danger what you can. God Bless and Keep You, Everyday, Everyway, Forever and Always.
If you missed them, there are previous posts you may wish to read. I have done some exceptional writing of late.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan