I have noticed some belittle offerings of thoughts and prayers. I wonder, ponder, do they know what the words mean?
When persons of faith offer thoughts and prayers, they are saying, “I will set aside time and space within my mind to focus positive, healing, caring thoughts on you and your situation.” This sets a beneficial vibration or process in motion. Then there are the prayers; when God’s people pray, angel armies are called into action, demons are removed from their strongholds and prevented from causing destruction. Suddenly, disasters are averted, diseases are miraculously healed or rendered less debilitating, comfort is given, lives are saved. The pain of grief is lessened, storms are dispelled, collisions are avoided, funds are appropriated, souls are redeemed. Long-standing misunderstandings are set right, lost objects are found, bullets miss their mark allowing continuance of life, shots are propelled to the proper target protecting lives. Nourishing food appears for the hungry, homes are found for the needy, strangers become friends, good advice is given, jobs are located, people renew their hope, love, purpose, and so much more.
Welcome thoughts and prayers and do not scorn them. When heads are bowed, and people get on their knees, be prepared, soon and very soon, God will show up.
I am a person of prayer, if you should ever wish to share a need, I would be honored to include you in my prayers. Gratitude is a form of worship and prayer. I include it often in my days that I never forget how abundantly blessed is my life.
I am grateful:
- I got the remake of my contact, and it is much better.
- Even though my order was wrong for lunch, it was good. I did not wish to send it back and waste the food. I hope next time the kitchen gets it right.
- I had an opportunity to thank some officers for their service as policemen.
- I postponed work on the house this weekend.
- I have been writing a lot, and even though some of my postings are going unread, I know my skills improve with practice.
- The weather has been warmer.
- I am about finished with one of the books I have been reading.
- I did a little editing of an article for my boss.
- Life is a challenge, but without the struggle, the rewards would be less sweet.
I said a quick prayer
As I drove along my way,
I do not believe
Those words went unheard, astray,
Jesus moves in mighty ways.
As a prompt, consider your attitude toward thoughts and prayers. Create something that presents your view and invites discussion. Also, pick a few things you are thankful for and detail those.
Thank you so much for visiting Haphazard Creative. I hope you will follow the site, or come back soon. There is much to explore among the pieces contained here and on my website Chronicles. I always welcome comment and discussion so feel free to have your say.
While going through your day try to smile and share positivity with others, you encounter. You might just save someone’s life. A kind word, a considerate action, it adds up to make another person feel esteemed. God Bless and Keep You, Everyway, Every day, Forever and Always.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan