In my time of absence here, I have been making an effort to recover. I lost Hope on October 10, after her battle with cancer. This is her last picture.
On November 21, I went to the shelter, which was a new thing for me, and adopted Marbles. Marbles is a Plott Hound/Border Collie mix. She is a much bigger dog, with more energy than any I have had, and she is a challenge. She has helped get me out of my head some, which is an improvement. Tribble and I are adjusting to this new personality in our home.
I would like to be able to say that the new puppy has made it all better, but that is a truism I cannot assert. She has made things different. I think the pain will be here for a while.
I hope all of you are having a fantastic holiday season.
I wrote this piece in my journal this morning and thought it worth sharing.
The fitful nightmares
Visiting in deepest night,
Cannot live in light.
I am thankful:
- I had twelve wonderful years with Hope. She is free now of suffering.
- I have a new friend in Marbles, to help me with my journey.
- I did not awaken with a migraine today.
- I have some of the best friends one could hope for in a turbulent life.
- I read some outstanding books.
- I have learned life, while not always easy, is always filled with generous rewards.
- Love and hope remain even through the disasters of living.
As a prompt, write a mission statement of how your beliefs can lead you further on the paths of life you travel and help you deal with obstacles you encounter.
Thank you for visiting Haphazard Creative. I hope you found something edifying. If you like, follow the site or come again. I should be able to update somewhat more regularly going forward. My apologies to those who have missed me.
If life explodes your serenity, gather your love and hope, rebuild what is broken with faith that the future contains better experiences.
Be well and create something unusual at every opportunity.
© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan